* "What is the state of global terrorism today, nearly a decade after the Sept. 11 attacks?"
* Will Congress 'solve' the budget crisis by passing the bill to the states? Here's a hint: the state budgets are in bad shape already.
* 'Eight reasons to leave 14th Amendment alone.'
* IRS dramatically increases the number of liens on taxpayers.
* Again, I note: if this story was about Democrats instead of Republicans, we'd never hear the end of it.
* A tale from Glenn Beck's book tour in the heartland.
* Vanity Fair offers an interesting profile of Julian Assange.
* The AVClub talks with W. Earl Brown about Deadwood (including its final fate) and other roles.
* Yuri Shevchuk, the 'Russian Bruce Springsteen,' pushes for democracy.