* Great video: Jon Stewart on the Republican filibuster of the Zadroga bill.
* Nice. States move ahead with high-speed rail plans, re-apportioning money other states refused.
* Life expectancy has gone up, but we're spending more time sick.
* Kevin Drum asks: why are bankers so rich?
* Failing efforts to save the San Francisco Bay delta.
* Whoah! Updating the periodic table of elements!
* "The mountainous ridge that circles the equator on the Saturnian moon Iapetus is both weird and spectacular."
* Stargate Universe canceled.