* Trying to spin the tax cut deal as a centrist victory. More on the president's thinking here.
* Homosexuals in Africa increasingly the targets of violence.
* Is Obama embracing Reaganomics?
* Why the estate tax thing is such a sticking point for the non-rich.
* Also, Glenn Greenwald has opinions on Wikileaks. First he talks about all the retaliation, despite, you know, Wikileaks not being found guilty of any crime. He also talks about the lies and propaganda being spread by the media. Both good reads.
* "Mexico supplies the drugs. We supply the users."
* "Face it: There's not much any one person can do about climate change."
* Whoah. Giant stork-like birds once roamed the island of Flores.