Movies I can confirm I still love: Memento and The Way of the Gun.
Sunday was Small Press Expo with Operative X, her roommate Eiling and another operative. Big fun! A lot of people have already gone over this, so I will keep it brief. I still have a soft spot in my heart for some indy comic book guy shilling to passersby, it turns out. I spent many a $2 on some comic that only looks adequate at best. And I also found out something about my tastes: I leaned much more toward the high-production value comics than the xeroxed ashcan things. Snobbish, maybe, but yeah.
R Stevens and Stephen Notley were awesome and amusing, naturally. Sean Wang was an unexpected treat, as was the guys who do Teenagers from Mars (which I had never heard of before.)
* Best title: Strikeforce: Bigfoot.
* T-shirts purchased: one awesome one.
* My hopes are up about: Buzzboy and The Supernaturalist (which, for the life of me, I can't find a link. I knew I should have done this from home.) Oh, and that gothic western thing I picked up, The Ballad of Utopia. Which amused me, because the guy was like "I had to invent the term 'gothic western' to describe what I was creating" and I didn't have the heart to correct him with a hearty "oh no you didn't!" Or rather, I didn't want to sound any dorkier than I could arguing at a small press convention. Anyways.
* How many things did I write down to research later: like, twenty.
* Theme music of the convention: Scatman John, "Scatman"
* Dead president: Lincoln!
Anyways. I'll pop up reviews here when I get through some of my mighty stack.