* Democrats aren't happy with Obama's version of compromise with Republicans. (I do like the hostage negotiation metaphor, though.) Oh, and remember how everyone was up in arms about reducing the deficit? Yeah, nevermind that.
* Ezra Klein finds that the White House is good at negotiating, just bad at explaining what's going on to the public.
* Hope you weren't expecting much from the EPA for the next couple years, either.
* On al Qaeda's use of franchising.
* Bonus Wikileaks reveal: the George Clooney connection!
* "Democrats don't play political hardball as well as Republicans do."
* Yep, those new Republicans are sure changing the tone in Washington.
* Borders might be buying Barnes & Noble.
* Hee. The coyotes of Chicago.