* "Two new U.N. reports show that women and girls have made progress or held steady in work, education, poverty and life expectancy, but they continue to lag behind men in most of those categories. And sexual violence is a universal phenomenon."
* Watchdog group says the government is not tracking or documenting money spent on Afghanistan accurately. At all.
* Health insurance companies use new laws as an excuse to raise premiums.
* Can we use cloning to save animals from extinction?
* The earliest known photo of a human.
* Local interest: the City Paper talks about how changing to the Red Palace will affect D.C.'s sideshow scene.
* Kate Beaton, who I have gushed about before, presents comics about Dracula.
* "Ozzy Osbourne's genome reveals he's kin of neanderthals."
* "How is Keith Richards still alive?"