* New federal tactic: seeking the death penalty for violent gang members.
* German Chancellor Merkel says 'multiculturalism has failed.'
* How the Republicans could retake the Senate.
* "If there is an overarching theme of election 2010, it is the question of how big the government should be and how far it should reach into people's lives." (Not sure I agree on this.)
* Tea Party favorite O'Donnell asks "Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?" Seriously.
* Using the next global assessment to explain how climate change will materially affect people's lives.
* Focusing on how nerve cells communicate to help find a cause behind epilepsy and chronic pain.
* The science behind optical illusions.
* Refining the search for extraterrestrial life.
* NBC renews The Event and a couple other shows. Bonus: updating the fall season, so far.