* As I've mentioned elsewhere, I am continually astounded at the Chilean miners story, and a little surprised that we're likely to get a happy ending. Rock on.
* "The breadth and impact of political groups awash in money from hidden sources have made them, and their backers, a campaign issue."
* Why the midterm elections could bring good news for Obama, even if the Democrats lose seats. No matter what, though, it's been a weird election year.
* Iran as a paper tiger.
* "So could it be free market capitalism itself that is making us fat?"
* The American editor bringing modern design aesthetics to al Qaeda publications.
* One year as a prisoner in Iran.
* Why the Latino vote is a problem for Republicans.
* The Rosetta probe gives us the anatomy of an asteroid.
* Finally, an end run for Favre?