* Ugh. White House invokes state secrets defense for targeting American for assassination without due process.
* "Rich people who complain about being vilified should be vilified."
* US military concerned about British defense budget cuts.
* Good read: a GQ profile of Rand Paul.
* "There is nothing you can say that will get people to eat more veggies."
* The new Republican platform: Stewart thinks it sounds familiar. Solid gold. Also, how it returns to old, terrible economic theories. And don't forget the main theme, the untouchables.
Colbert's testimony: Dana Milbank on the Republican reaction.
* David Brooks sees a responsibility deficit in government.
* Seeking a brand, American University gets wonky.
* Guidelines for making a good superhero TV show.