* Good read: Mark Morford on the American need to demonize the Other. (Courtesy warmaster.)
* The final victory of the national security state?
* What lessons can we learn from the whole Quran burning news story?
* Heh. Dana Milbank on a more diverse tea party.
* Testing the tea party: will O'Donnell cost the Republicans the Senate? More from Nate Silver here. Matt Frei has a valid counterpoint.
* On that big arms sale we're making to Saudi Arabia. Also, one way it might impact the region.
* Good read: how Fenty lost. In other local news, Ehrlich wins the primary in MD, leading to a November rematch with O'Malley.
* Interesting! Records provide a window into Britain's prison ships from the 1800s.
* Concept art from the Paul Greengrass pitch to film Watchmen in 2005.