* Good read: a conservative explains why conservatism shouldn't be equated with racism. As a counterpoint, Eugene Robinson gives an example of why it seems that way sometimes.
* Should we rethink how we treat housing as an investment?
* Good read: on John Glenn, an era of endless war, and the lessons of 9/12/01.
* Examining the roots of black homophobia.
* The truth of five myths about prostitution.
* Why is Fenty's re-election bid in trouble?
* The NFL is now taking the long-term effects of concussions seriously.
* On Mad Men and the forgotten fashion from the 1960s.
* Ooh. Reviving a lost William S. Burroughs graphic novel.