* Mass firings and outright mutiny on the Mexican police forces.
* What about a coherent alternative to our strategy in Afghanistan?
* Turns out a lot of the oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster just sank to the sea floor.
* Army specialist Salvatore Giunta awarded the Medal of Honor.
* The ugly specter of the 'state secrets' defense still looms.
* Good read: Ted Koppel, on how we can make sure Osama bin Laden doesn't win.
* In other news, many people are OK with letting tax cuts for the rich expire.
* What are the Democrats running on this fall?
* No wrap-up movie/mini-series for Heroes.