* Bad news: microscopic ocean plants, at the bottom of the food chain, are in trouble.
* China's 'hidden rules' and 'black jails.'
* "Can a nation remain a superpower if its internal politics are incorrigibly stupid?"
* Afghanistan isn't the 'graveyard of empires.'
* Looking for storage options for a new energy future.
* Greta Christina on five sexist expectations of men.
* Canadian archaeologists find the wreck of the HMS Investigator.
* Alan Moore has a new, ambitious multimedia project. (Courtesy shadorunr.)
* Leonard Nimoy's quest to photograph regular people.
* WeeklyCrisis presents ten comics that should be TV shows.