* Evidence of the shrinking of the middle class in America (Courtesy asimpleleife.)
* New report examines the 'social and economic consequences of being overweight since high school.'
* Great read: why protests don't work.
* Who killed the climate bill?
* Republicans block campaign finance reform bill.
* Fighting back against right-wing propaganda.
* 'Lady Gaga: pop star for a country and an empire in decline.'
* Is the popularity of Comic-Con hurting nerd culture? Plus, ten new trailers from the con, winners and losers, and the next big hits.
* Next up from the Battlestar franchise: Blood and Chrome.