* Glenn Greenwald on the rule of law in modern America. Bonus: government collusion with BP. Grr.
* And then Illinois stopped paying its bills.
* Israel loosens its Gaza blockade, somewhat.
* Why Republicans shouldn't have gone after Justice Thurgood Marshall during the Kagan confirmation hearing.
* Journalism, transparency, and private opinions: more on the Weigel resignation with the Post ombudsman and Howard Kurtz.
* The science of touch.
* Hee. X-ray pinup calendar. (Courtesy warmaster.)
* BBC headline of the day: "Super squid sex organ discovered"