"The United States is putting together a Constitution now for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It's served us well for 200 years, and we don't appear to be using it anymore, so what the hell?" -Jay Leno
Top article: Has Bush's 'compassionate' agenda fallen so short it's become a political liability?
* GAO reports corporations heavily shaped our current energy policy. But the White House won't release the notes.
* Our top expert on North Korea stepping down, just days before crucial talks.
* Federal deficit may exceed half a trillion, and other bad news.
* Paul Krugman on a dangerous deception by the EPA and the Bush administration.
* Trace secrets vs. free speech on the web.
* Fakes, Forgeries and Facsimiles at the Folger. (exhibit details)
* Mars is back in style, baby.
Fortune Cookie: "Absence make the heart grow fonder."
CD playing: Big Electric Cat, "Eyelash"