* The crazy logistical challenges of deepwater oil drilling.
* Second-guessing the report about mineral deposits in Afghanistan.
* Theodore Olsen, the staunch conservative leading the fight to overturn the ban on gay marriage.
* The Atlantic interviews one of my favorite columnists, Glenn Greenwald.
* How popular culture complicates efforts to reach out to the Islamic world.
* New poll highlights the right-wing bend of the tea parties.
* Japanese recover Hayabusa probe, containing samples from the surface of an asteroid.
* Hollywood's new era of the 'swords and sandals' epics.
* In case I hadn't mentioned recently, Kate Beaton continually cracks me up.