* A history of stopping oil spills.
* Shifting the strategy in Afghanistan to focus on civilian efforts.
* Follow-up: no justice for those found responsible for the Bhopal disaster.
* The Explainer with the World Cup wrap-up.
* And the award for the unhealthiest chain restaurant meal goes to...
* "A fad involving a malt beverage leaves unclear whether young consumers have co-opted a brand, or that brand has co-opted them."
* Brett Ratner plans to re-envision Snow White.
* NYTimes on the 48 Hour Film Project. (A couple friends do that down here.)
* NPR's Great Voices series: Janis Joplin, the queen of Rock.