* Great read: "The right frets that Obama is turning America into a police state. So why are grass-roots conservatives silent when Arizona is doing just that?"
* What habeas? Obama embraces Bush's 'legal black hole'.
* Dana Milbank with a bevy of issues besetting the White House.
* Fred Kaplan on what Israel did wrong, and what they should do next.
* "Religion probably plays a greater part in our public life now than at any time since the Second Great Awakening or the great revival movement in the first and second halves of the 19th century."
* Why liberals work online better than conservatives.
* This TV season's ratings winners and losers.
* The living contradiction of John Waters.
* Frank Miller talks about Xerxes, his prequel to 300.