* Man, did everyone up and forget America is still mired in two unpopular wars overseas?
* Good read: Bob Herbert on the aftershocks of the Gulf oil spill.
* The new culture war: big business vs. government control.
* Why more people now identify as pro-life.
* The national crime rate continues to fall. (Scary fact: more people commit suicide than are killed by others. This says... something.)
* Living in fear in Arizona.
* Democrats discuss eliminating superdelegates (yes, yes, yes.)
* 25 years later, AOL struggles to remake itself. More from NPR here.
* Schoolchildren write Joy Division symphony.