* "The notion that the government can, in effect, execute one of its own citizens far from a combat zone, with no judicial process and based on secret intelligence, makes some legal authorities deeply uneasy."
* How the Bush administration's lax views on regulation of big business lead to the Gulf oil spill. Bonus: how they're fighting the spill.
* Will immigration be a midterm election issue this November? Also, how the Republican party's anti-immigration stance will cost them.
* Kagan: why her personal life shouldn't matter. Also, as a counterpoint to the articles I posted previously, a cuonterpoint to her views on executive power, and a defense of her pragmatism.
* The Explainer on surviving a plane crash.
* Using lasers to map an ancient civilization.
* Animated graphic finally explains to me how sewing machines work!