* "You're hurt? Let me help you."
* Claudia. Cave! "There's only me."
* "How did you get here?" "The same way you got here. By accident."
* And labor. A boy! "His name is Jacob." Whoops, twins. "I only picked one name."
* Light and dark swaddling clothes, nice. And, murder.
Adversary: Jacob told you what I found?
Mother: Of course he did. Jacob doesn't know how to lie. He's not like you.
Adversary: Why, what am I like?
Mother: You're... special.
* "There is no where else. The island is all there is."
Adversary: What is dead?
Mother: Something you will never have to worry about.
Mother: They're not like us. They don't belong here. We are here for a reason.
Adversary: What reason?
Mother: It's not time yet.
* Blindfolds. Why they are there.
* "It always ends the same."
* "I've made it so you can never hurt each other.
* CAVE OF LIGHT. "This is the reason we're here." "And if the light goes out here, it goes out everywhere."
* "One day you can make up your own game and everyone else will have to follow your rules."
* AUGH DEAD MOM
* "Why can't Jacob see you?" "Because I'm dead."
* Where he came from. Village! 13 years ago.
* "There are many things across the sea."
* "I don't want to go alone."
* Can never leave the island. Doesn't believe it.
* "I couldn't let you become one of them."
* Years later. Digging well. Game!
* "I watch because I want to know if Mother is right about them."
* She is, heh.
* Magne-whoah! Places all over the island, metal 'behaves strangely.' Digging them up!
Jacob: I don't want to leave the island. It's my home.
Adversary: Well, it's not mine!
* "It's a wheel." System, channel water and light.
* And, murder. Egads.
* "Jacob. It's time."
* "What's down there?" "Life. Death. Rebirth. It's the source, the heart of the island."
* Promise not to go down there. Worse than dying. Bottle, incantation.
* "You don't really have a choice."
* "Now, you and I are the same."
* And, the Adversary is alive? Maybe? Well filled in, wow. Village burned! Everyone dead! Did she do that?
* Storm coming, nice callback.
* Only two stones left from the game. Stabbity.
Adversary: Why wouldn't you let me leave, Mother?
Mother: Because I love you. Thank you.
* "Don't worry, brother. I'm not going to kill you."
* Lights out! And, Smoke Monster emerges!
* "Our very own Adam and Eve." -Locke
Next week: The Doors!
Allison Janney: pleasant surprise!
I suspect some people will be upset with a magical origin story instead of a science fiction version, but I more or less expected it. The whole story had a very mythic feel, which I of course appreciated. I see my 'Jacob is the Adversary' theory is way shot now, heh.
So, from the six stones to the game, two were found with 'Adam and Eve.' And two were in Locke's cave. Does Jacob have the last two somewhere special?
Interesting that the Adversary has adopted a lot of the Mother's philosophy, too.