* The Gulf of Mexico oil spill is presenting a lot of challenges on a scale never seen before. multiplexer has a good wrapup here.
* Howard Kurtz on Obama's Bush-like leak-plugging efforts, and what they mean for the press.
* The latest word on the next round of Metro fare hikes.
* Kevin Drum, on what the Republicans are really saying about finance reform
* FiveThirtyEight.com takes on the Democrats' strategy.
* Why we can't ignore the tea partiers' toxic take on history.
* "Any tea partier who still supports Bush is little more than a walking punchline at this point."
* Joel Achenbach explains why azaleas are bad flowers.
* Because who better to direct a movie of The Dark Tower than... Ron "Parenthood" Howard.