* "While torture and aggressive war may have been the most serious crimes which the Bush administration committed, its warrantless eavesdropping on American citizens was its clearest and most undeniable lawbreaking."
* "These [drug gangs] are organizations that are flexible, supple and quick to react and adapt. They no doubt represent a challenge to the Mexican state."
* Looking at the financial burdens passed along to the states in the new health care reform.
* Rebuilding American cities for a new century.
* Texas continues its war on education, this time by rejecting federal standards.
* "The angry faces at Tea Party rallies are eerily familiar."
* A primer on chessboxing.
* The April Fool's joke I wish was real: Chris Sims presents a new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.