* Top read: "why universal health care is unambiguously necessary for America." (Courtesy mizunakat.)
* Wow. Drug cartels launch seven coordinated large assaults on Mexican army garrisons.
* 'Federal judge rules Bush wiretapping program illegal.'
* How the health care reform is a big improvement for women.
* Analysis: FiveThirtyEight.com on the offshore drilling decision. But again, will it actually help? Bonus: the oil drilling Rorschach test.
* Snuck into the health care bill: a return to funding for abstinence-only sex ed.
* The Explainer, on when IEDs became WMDs.
* The linguisitc obfuscation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
* "How Lady Gaga became the world's biggest pop star."
* Like me, David Byrne doesn't always focus on the lyrics.