* Previously: "He's a kind of adviser."
* "There's six people I need you to protect... This is what you've been preparing for... They're the remaining candidates." -Jacob
* "Ask Ricardos."
* "You want to know a secret, Jack?" Dead, in hell.
* "Jacob told me. He has to know." -Ilana
* "If it's any consolation, it's not exactly Locke." -Ben
* Hurley, talking to... someone. In a foreign language. "Sorry Jack, this has nothing to do with you." Jack, you got served.
* (Man, it cracks me up that Lapidus is the only 'regular' person left.)
* On a horse. 1867. Cabin? Isabella.
* "Now you have everything." -Ricardos
* Travel to the New World, heh.
* Luke 4:24
* "I'm afraid the devil awaits you in hell."
* Mr. Whitfield. Capt. Magnus Hanso!
* "This island is guarded by the devil!"
* HUGE wave.
* And, Smoke Monster kills, like, everyone. Except Ricardos.
* Sudden rain. Boar! For want of a nail.
* "I'm here to save you before he comes back." -Isabella
* (Points to them for the subtitles throughout the episode, I note.)
* And, the Adversary. "I was here long before your ship."
* "It's good to see you out of those chains."
* "There's only one way to escape from hell. You're going to have to kill the devil."
* So, The Black Rock busted the statue. Interesting.
* Knife. "If he speaks, it will already be too late."
* Confessed to being the Smoke Monster, but says Jacob grabbed her? "I saw him take her, but I couldn't do anything to stop it."
* "You aren't the only one that lost something, my friend. The Devil betrayed me. He took my body. My humanity."
* "Did you meet a man in the jungle, dressed in black?"
* "You're not dead."
Jacob: Why should I stop?!
Ricardos: Because I want to live!
* "No one comes in unless I invite them in." -Jacob
* "My name is Jacob. I'm the one that brought your ship to this island."
* Bottle metaphor. Cork is the island, keeps the darkness where it belongs.
Jacob: That man who sent you to kill me believes that everyone is corruptible because it's in their very nature to sin. I bring people here to prove him wrong. And when they get here, their past doesn't matter.
Ricardos: Before you brought my ship, there were others?
Jacob: Yes, many.
Ricardos: What happened to them?
Jacob: They're all dead.
Ricardos: But if you brought them here, why didn't you help them?!
Jacob: Because I wanted them to help themselves... To know the difference between right and wrong without me having to tell them. It's all meaningless if I have to force them to do anything. Why should I have to step in?
Ricardos: Because if you don't, he will.
Jacob: ...Do you want a job?
* "He told me to give you this." -Ricardos
* And... Hurley. "Your wife sent me!"
* "My love. We are already together."
* "Don't gloat, Jacob. It doesn't become you."
OK, now, officially, no one can say they're not answering things. Because, wow.