* BBC gallery of the Haitian earthquake. Note: graphic and grim.
* Fifteen persuasive explanations for the recession.
* Seriously? Prosecutor targets the Innocence Project.
* Two good reads: Glen Greenwald on the murder of an Iranian scientist. Bonus: Explainer.
* Another good read: a man who helped build Liberia's army, on what it will take to do the same for Afghanistan.
* Conan O'Brien bows out. And Tom Shales on the Leno business. (Personally, I don't care, but it seems like a dick move on NBC's part.)
* No, we don't need another Spider-Man origin story. We all know it. Just skip that part, or like in the Hulk sequel, just run it during the credits.
* Six good things to look forward to in comic books this year.