We hit 'My Way' in Laurel (and yes, I made the prerequisite Roadhouse joke, but only once.) And our group was between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the customers. Gold. If I made any mistakes below, let me know and I will edit this.
(Please note, this post will downright abuse parenthetical notation.)
SONGS PEOPLE SANG:
* Me: Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis version,) Hungry Like the Wolf (this was mostly a mistake, as I don't really know the words well enough, and it was faster than I remember,) Sympathy for the Devil (which seemed to go over well.)
* BadHand (newly-crowned king of karaoke, and is already a regular at this place): Fly Me to the Moon, Baby's Got Back (where he was surrounded by dancers!,) Come On Eileen.
* The Artist formerly known as SailorTork: Stand By Your Man (Blues Brothers version,) Hit Me Baby One More Time (Yes, Britney Spears,) Killing Me Softly (Fugees version, which I am jealous I didn't do first.)
* Miss Scarlett: You & Me & A Bottle Makes 3 (also a big hit,) Mr. Big's "Be With You," and a duet of "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" with Summer (I believe Scarlett would want me to mention that she was the girl this time.)
* Regent: She Went to Paris, Tempted by the Fruit of Another, Fastball's "The Way" (!)
* McCool: Mandy (bastard!)
* Baldur: Insane in da Brain (!,) Folsolm Prison Blues
I would be remiss if I didn't mention our other fine guests who didn't sing, Norton and Velvet (the latter of which was a prime backup dancer.) (There was much backup dancing going on, as well.) A couple other people who don't have code names showed up, but I won't confuse this post any more than necessary.
SONGS OTHER PEOPLE DID THAT I WISH I THOUGHT OF FIRST:
Makin' Whoopie, Eyes Without A Face, You Never Call Me By My Name, Thank God I'm A Country Boy, Sweet Home Alabama. (The last three here were done by "the Bopper," a regular who was crackin' me up.)
WHAT I WON'T WEAR NEXT TIME:
A Green Lantern shirt, as the DJ kept calling me the Green Lantern all night. Funny the first time or so. Maybe he was just trying to differentiate me from the other guy singing who had my name.
After my first four drink choices were shot down, I was drinking Coronas all night, because apparently this bar doesn't like having tasty things to drink.
HOW MANY SONGS ADDED TO "TO DO" LIST: 12
SONGS THEY NEED:
Goodnight Saigon, In the Pines
Oh, and their website (with hefty catalog) is http://usingitkaraoke.com/