* Dramatic water shortages in the Middle East.
* Good read: what health care reform could mean for the states (and their budgets.)
* New Army report details what went wrong with the invasion of Afghanistan.
* So, is China a superpower?
* Christopher Buckley wonders if Homeland Security is just too big. (Courtesy, uh, multiplexer, I think.)
* New comments by Steele set off another round of Republican infighting. Another take on the same from Michael Scherer here.
* 'France considers taxing Google and other Internet portals.'
* I'm actually a little surprised that they didn't already make Venture Bros. action figures.