* Graphic: the cost of health care from various countries compared to average life expectancy. (Courtesy asimplelife.)
* Support for the death penalty slowly erodes.
* The bombing in Khost highlights a growing role on the frontlines for the CIA.
* Matt Frei discusses something unexpected many of the would-be Islamic terrorists have in common.
* Xhosa tribal king pushes for secession in South Africa.
* Follow-up: accused Holocaust Museum gunman von Brunn dies in custody.
* The Explainer's 2009 question of the year: 'if a Siamese twin commits murder, does his brother get punished, too?'
* Hee. 2003 article on reinventing He-Man.