* Question authority: yet another forensics lab found incompetent and corrupt.
* Defense secretary Gates suggests putting the Pentagon in charge of funds to aid unstable countries.
* Good read: why NASA needs to get back into space, and stay there.
* Selling the disease: how a bone disease became big business.
* The revolution in handheld computing leading to a new escalation of computer viruses.
* Nifty! Slum art in Kenya.
* Oh hey: why syndicated TV shows are shown out of sequence.
* Fancy. Board game sales continue to grow.
* Famed local sportscaster George Michael passed away.