* "The surprising reason why banks are suddenly repaying their TARP funds."
* As noted elsewhere: no, Obama didn't fight for a public option.
* "An international team spent two months in 2008/9 surveying the Gamburtsevs in Antarctica - a series of peaks totally buried under the ice cap."
* Whoah. Scientists may have observed dark matter.
* Declaring victory in the war on Christmas.
* Whoah. A sunken world off Orkney.
* Why some big-time directors take a long time between movies.
* Excellent comic about digital books. (Courtesy p_sunshine.)