* Wow. We have just about one contractor for every soldier we have in Afghanistan, with the combined number rivaling our total in Vietnam.
* No, moving Guantanamo detainees to the mainland won't actually improve their (lack of) legal standing.
* Important change made to how they maintain the UN terrorism watch list.
* "We believe this is a historic step forward for justice and human rights in our nation's capital."
* Hawaii jumps in to an energy revolution.
* "I want to talk about the sexual world we have today. And I want to talk about how vastly, immeasurably better it is than it used to be. Not that long ago, either."
* Bryan Singer signs on to direct an X-men prequel.
* Good interview with Terry Gilliam on the making of Doctor Parnassus.
* Ooh! Studio Ghibli will make a new movie of The Borrowers.