* One year after four hurricanes devastated Haiti, the island nation remains mired in poverty, violence, and instability.
* Big Brother 2009: turns out Sprint just hands over volumes of GPS data to law enforcement.
* Seven stories Obama doesn't want told.
* Possible same-sex partner benefits for Virginia?
* Congressional researcher fired for speaking out against Guantanamo.
* The Explainer takes on Climategate.
* Strange things are afoot at the Washington Times.
* Calling for a double-boycott over the Gap's non-war on Christmas.
* Judging books on their covers: a new exhibit on the Harlequin romance.
* Today's top BBC headline: Iron Curtain kept out alien birds"