* Good read: "Postindustrial cities, even relatively successful ones such as Pittsburgh, are trying to manage, rather than just reverse, population loss."
* The past, present and possible future of climate change.
* Why we should stop subsidizing ethanol.
* Who knew: the tea party movement turns out to be a good money-making opportunity.
* Wow. Guess who is complaining about the White House's deficit spending?
* Behind the bidding for MGM.
* Bob Mondello previews upcoming movies of 2009.
* Principle filming on the Tintin film is done.
* Release date for Crisis on Two Earth announced.