* The Explainer, on a day in the life of a refugee.
* 'Why an al Qaeda attack on U.S. soil is still a real threat'
* Glen Greenwald on Obama's worsening civil liberties record.
* LATimes Q&A: explaining the Senate health care bill.
* I don't want my tax dollars covering spiritual health care because wow, no.
* Interesting read: Russia as a 'criminal state.'
* Rest easy: there is no 'Palin doctrine.'
* Scary. Belgian patient was misdiagnosed as being in a coma for 23 years. [EDIT: Or not. See comments below.]
* How Twilight saved Hot Topic.