THURSDAY NEWS RODEO:
* Good read: excerpt from a new book on Justice Scalia.
* Interesting read: an interview with Charles Johnson, who runs the controversial website Little Green Footballs, on no longer being the darling of the right wing.
* "...The incident has sparked a renewed focus on how Islamic extremists and al-Qaida sympathizers become radicalized in the first place."
* Hypocrisy in action: they were against the filibuster before they were for it.
* I didn't realize VA governor-elect Bob McDonnell was associated with Pat Robertson. Fantastic.
* "They just can't help themselves. Journalists are addicted to Sarah Palin. Some love to hate her, some love to love her, all love to dissect or defend her." (Bonus: fact-checking the book.)
* Disney decides against a Captain Nemo movie/franchise.
* Dan Abnett picked as the writer for the Warhammer 40k Ultramarines movie.
* See, my concern is a Global Frequency TV show would be seen as another Fringe/X-Files copycat.