* Famed journalist Helen Thomas, with five lessons for Obama.
* The reports of California's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
* The fiasco of our expensive embassy in Iraq.
* Yes, more people are identifying as independents, but don't read too much into that.
* Sigh. The extinction of coral has gotten so bad that science is looking for what to do when it's gone.
* Whoah. There's a hole in the moon.
* Courtesy shadorunr: 'is Jay-Z the greatest MC alive?'
* "Richards and Depp were born 20 years and an ocean apart, but their close friendship has become a topic of fascination."
* Examining Disney's teen star factory.