Also, on this day, SailorTork was born! Her first birthday present: she gets to pick a new code name, because I know she hates this one. Heh.
Caught an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy last night, and I admit it cracked me up. They're an amusing cast of characters, and are just a couple costumes away from re-enacting Mystery Men.
Interesting article on how Buffy as a franchise could replace Star Trek. Make your own comment there.
I wasn't going to post news links today, but the President's news conference (the eighth of his presidency! How ridiculous!) drove me to it...
* As aforementioned, he held a news conference, which is a shocker in and of itself. And it shouldn't be! Anyways. Here's a decent summary, and here's the text.
* Howard Kurtz hits the media circut, and wonders if there's a new backlash against homosexuals.
* New top general says we will likely need a larger army. Which, if you're keeping score, is the opposite of what Cheney said less than a year ago.
* Thomas Friedman looks for the 'new Mideast' amongst nation-building.
* "You know you're in trouble when the Saudis are begging you to be more open." Maureen Dowd on how the administration still refuses to level with the public. (Bonus points: the phrase "Wolfowitz of Arabia.")
* Why shift the military to Eastern Europe?