* Great read: Thomas Friedman on the lack of unity thanks to today's partisan politics.
* "This is huge. This is the biggest discovery really since the 'Lucy' skeleton of the 1970s."
* Good news for the upcoming Iraqi elections?
* Asking Afghanis on advice for our strategy there.
* Bad sign: Wayne county doesn't have the money to bury the dead.
* "For every brutal, lawless and amoral act, there is a defense of it to be found on the Washington Post Op-Ed page."
* How earthquakes can weaken other fault lines.
* The Explainer on predicting tsunamis.
* MGK with a list of 80's movies that have aged poorly.