* Today's retarded idea: Pentagon creating a 'futures market' on terrorist attacks.
* Wait, Israel is building a fence between them and Palestine? Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
* Oh, and Bush wants states to pay for Amtrak too!
* Human rights group releases report detailing recent Afghan abuses.
* We're not barring conservative judicial nominees, just ones that sit outside the legal mainstream.
* House cuts environmental bill, pulling funding for one of Bush's campaign promises.
* Today's must-read article is once again by Paul Krugman, today discussing how Bush's future might be the same as Blair's present.
* Howard Kurtz on viewpoints on the Iraq situation. And stolen from there: Michelle Goldberg points to some unease among mainstream Republicans as to what exactl Bush is up to.
* Russia dealing with immigration problems in the Far East.
* Should the government be in the business of encouraging marriage?
* Gay-themed TV shows get wider audience.
* You know what the California recall circus needs? A candidate selling thong underwear from a website.
Fortune Cookie: "You will be rewarded for being a good listener."