* Good read: "The Supreme Court's 2009-2010 term is already shaping up to be an odd one."
* "Should prosecutors who manufacture evidence be susceptible to lawsuits?"
* Jay Newton-Small, on what to expect next on Afghanistan strategy.
* Good read: the problem with mainstream economists.
* New fears over Al Qaeda recruiting in America.
* "New studies of suicide bombers say that most have three important qualities in common."
* Interweb news: loosening ties between Icann and the government.
* Classy: the Bush White House decided against recognizing JK Rowling because some members thought she was promoting witchcraft.
* Top NPR headline: "Who is HOBODARKSEID? And Why Should You Care?"