* GOP once complained about heavy-handed tactics, now they are breaking new ground with them.
* More details emerge about classified section of the 9/11 report, specifically dealing with Saudi Arabia.
* A tale of temperance in rural Russia
* New estimates on how plentiful whales were before.
* Howard Dean's no limit e-mail army.
* Here's an interesting theory on what might happen if lots of the Democratic candidates stick around for the convention.
* Director John Schlesinger passed away.
* Publishers finding less of an audience in America for translated fiction.
* Do studies govern politics, or politics govern studies? Hard to say.