* Excellent photogallery by Michael Yon of a mission in the Helmand province.
* Good read: Glen Greenwald on the upcoming 'preventative detention' debate.
* Reasons we need health care reform: insurance companies can list domestic violence as a 'pre-existing condition.' (Courtesy asimplelife.)
* Today's best headline: "What's the matter with South Carolina?" (More from Slate here.)
* Tom Tomorrow on the loyal opposition.
* Interesting: Thatcher avidly opposed the unification of Germany.
* Researching the concept of personal space.