* American torture: police are increasingly likely to use tasers in nonthreatening situations, despite the dangers. Grim read.
* Oh HEY. Turns out Rove and Miers were totally involved in the firings of the U.S. attorneys.
* Good read: treating climate change as a national security threat.
* "A 'radical rethink' of how the UK produces and consumes its food is needed."
* Economic fallout: budget cuts put new textbook purchases on hold for public schools.
* So, why didn't conservatives support Prof. Gates?
* "There are at least four scenarios under which health care reform could still pass this year."
* Hugo award wins for Foglio, Gaiman, and more.
* Trying not to get my hopes up, but... AMC has signed on for a Walking Dead TV series.