* Good read: maybe Africa isn't as bad off as we think.
* FiveThirtyEight.com on the real problem of the influence of smaller states on Congress.
* "The inventor of the Segway scooter sets his sites on a new problem: delivering electricity and clean water to the world's poorest."
* Greta Christina on theory vs. practice of abstinence as birth control. Good read.
* Economic crisis: college sports face the budget axe.
* Whoah. Crazy bridge next to the Hoover Dam.
* Holy crap: crows get water displacement.
* I may have written about this before, but: conspiracy theorists, how about energizing the ionosphere in Alaska? (Fun read for science fans.)
* Writer and director John Hughes passed away.