* Ugh. The military occuptaion of Iraq has damaged its archaeological sites.
* Meanwhile, Iran is quietly making big news.
* Good read Dana Milbank on the absent voters on Sotomayor. Also, the LATimes praises Lindsey Graham.
* China says they will reduce their (copious) use of the death penalty.
* "There is little difference in nutritional value and no evidence of any extra health benefits from eating organic produce."
* Nifty: new satellites to image disasters.
* More ComiCon news: Dark Horse gets Turok and Magnus, Robot Fighter. And Warren Ellis signs on for an Arthurian movie.
* MGK on DC's mismanagement of Jason Todd's resurrection.