* Legendary newsman Walter Cronkite passed away. Bonus: LATimes appreciation.
* California's budget crisis hits its universities hard.
* The administration is moving the goal posts on bipartisanship.
* What Obama is getting wrong on Africa.
* The BBC has facts and figures on their forces in Afghanistan.
* Word count: who said the most during the Sotomayor confirmation hearings?
* The Explainer, on how scientists decide which genome to map next.
* Belly dancing continues to spread worldwide.
* Why we love vampires.