* Why journalism matters: Glen Greenwald on the rise of Goldman Sachs. And how they now own America. Top read.
* Good read: the six most dysfunctional state governments. Seriously, wow.
* Speaking of which, many states are looking for alternatives to prisons to help the cash crisis.
* New world order: "The Chinese government can put down a riot - but its heavy-handed tactics ensure that ethnic tensions will keep simmering."
* Jimmy Carter leaves the Southern Baptist Convention over equality. (Courtesy examorata.)
* Good news from on the ground in Swat.
* In praise of Dr. Benjamin, Obama's surgeon general nominee.
* The NAACP turns 100, and ponders its future.
* MGK presents your Supreme Court hearing bingo card. Fun for everyone!