* Six unanswered questions after the Metro crash.
* "Just imagine if the Uighurs were a Christian - rather than Muslim - minority, battling against the tyrannical Communist regime in Beijing, resisting various types of persecution, and demanding religious freedom."
* 'What we buy more of during a recession.'
* Why the fundamentalist set adores Sarah Palin.
* Don't put too much faith in the "organic" label on food.
* Is climate change leading to smaller sheep?
* 'The sordid history of the sexually exotic East.'
* Sarah Vowell on the renaming of Rhode Island.
* Cursed director Terry Gilliam, on Heath Ledger's last movie.